Today, API Maintenance Systems has acquired all shares in the Swedish ‘gazelle’ company, AXXOS. The companies expect to reap substantial synergies in the fight for market shares within IT-systems for maintenance and operational optimization.
AXXOS is Scandinavia’s leading supplier of production monitoring solutions with over 300 customers in 20 countries. AXXOS has its largest customer base in the Nordic region, while API already has the bulk of its revenue abroad.
– “API is a global player – and with offices in 10 countries they can help lift our technology onto the world market much faster than we would have been able to on our own,” says Claes Gunnarsson, Managing Director, AXXOS and continues “We get direct access to offices in the US, China, India, Germany, Belgium, Poland, Malaysia and Ukraine, which has a great value for our customers with international operations. At the same time it opens up completely new business opportunities in major industrial markets. “
Continued development of AXXOS OEE
After the acquisition AXXOS is a subsidiary of API and continues to pursue the development and sale of AXXOS OEE and AXXOS Calibration. AXXOS will continue to develop its business under the leadership of Managing Director, Claes Gunnarsson.
Moving up the value chain
API has during the past 20 years – and in competition with large multinational IT companies – established a strong position within EAM systems (Enterprise Asset Management). The client list contains several of the biggest brands within industries such as food & beverages, pharmaceutical, process and manufacturing, distributed across more than 50 countries.
The acquisition, which is a part of API’s global growth strategy, adds the powerful production monitoring and improvement system AXXOS OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) as well as AXXOS Calibration to its product portfolio.
– “We have strong track record in providing solutions to the many challenges that exist around the planning processes and maintenance of large manufacturing companies,” says Michael Ries, CEO, API and adds: “But what we get with AXXOS, is the ability to offer our customers the tools to measure how well they utilize their production equipment and to find the potentials for improvements. We believe that this ability will be of great importance to our customers”.
After the acquisition, API Group has a three-digit million turnover in SEK and about 110 employees at 15 offices in 10 countries.
Industry 4.0 and IoT
A common denominator is that both companies’ services and technologies support the global supertrend, Industry 4.0 and IoT (Internet of Things), where the increasing digitization of manufacturing systems makes it possible to generate, analyze and communicate data in order to optimize the overall efficiency.
– “With this transaction, we move our positions forward in this exciting area, where integration and collaboration between different applications is a key to success,” says Claes Gunnarsson
About API Maintenance Systems A/S
• headquartered in Copenhagen Denmark
• honored with “Denmark’s best IT company” award by Computerworld 2013
• API has customers in more than 50 countries
• API PRO software is available in 23 languages
Claes Gunnarsson, Managing Director, AXXOS (+46 70 360 65 50)